Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A long time coming




And its finally here. I have wanted "a" piece of Le Creuset for years! Well what I got was a gorgeous 6 piece set for FREE!!!!!! I won a contest at work and this 6 piece set was in the prize book. I couldn't beleive it. I did not even think I would get "a" piece and now I have 4 pieces (2 with lids to make the 6 piece set). It is a beautiful "Cherry Red" color and I love it.



Now this is not just any wooden spoon shown in the picture with my gorgeous Le Creuset. It is a William Sonoma Maple wooden spoon which is a requirement for quality Le Creuset cooking says VB. She gave me this spoon as a Christmas gift in anticipation of my cookware arriving. Yes, this has been a big deal for me and those in my life that love me and Le Creuset. VB has tons of yummy stews, soups and chowda's she makes in her "flame" colored Le Creuset. She is willing to share her recipes so I too can make hearty yummy meals in my new cookware. I am so excited to get started and the timing is perfect as I am heading up to the cabin tomorrow for 5 days of "after Christmas" relaxing.



5 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

I am SO THRILLED that you finally got your GORGEOUS Le Creuset!! It's beautiful! Oh yes, that famous spoon! I can't wait to hear about your new culinary experiences with your goodies!! Have a ball! I need to send you some of my recipes, girl! I have a fantastic chicken n' dumplings!
Have fun up north - betcha have snow! : )
Love you!
VB

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

I dream of the day when I can own and cook with Le Creuset. Congrats on you new set!!

cassie said...

sounds divine! it also sounds like i should be making a trip down there soon so that i can taste some yummy chowda! hope you are well karyn!

kimberly said...

i know that cars will come to a screeching stop and all time will stand still (kind of like not using your visa check card) but...... i am not familiar with this Le Creuset.

when i looked it up on google....now i know why! i use my pots and pans for banging with to bring in the new year! :)

so glad you love your Le Creuset...many happy days of new recipes!