Sunday, July 13, 2008

Getting back to basics....

I feel lately like I have fallen away from the things that, once upon a time really mattered. I feel busy all the time and am craving some of the simpler things I enjoy so much. I really want to get out in my garden and make it look pretty again...but who wants to hang out in this heat??? Not me! So my garden stays as is, and is beginning to look somewhat neglected. This makes me sad, but I know is only temporary. I also haven't found time to read, or journal or crochet or update my blog. I have been really busy at my job and in my off time am spending time looking for a new job. This is not an easy task in this economy. The job market is very tough right now. This weekend, I am working the entire thing....Hallmark premiere's their Christmas ornaments this weekend.....yes, I said Christmas.....yes, it was 107 degrees yesterday with a good amount of humidity. So in turn....I am taking off next weekend....the whole thing....3 full days off, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Don't really have many plans yet...but I will definitely do some reading, crocheting and journaling, and I am sure there will even be a fun post or two on this neglected blog of mine. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

kimberly said...

we all feel like this with life so hectic, karyn....i've read that we should do something every day...that we love and makes us happy....maybe just starting with one thing is a great place to start!
hope you have a wonderful three day weekend....getting back to basics!
hugs,
kimberly