Monday, January 19, 2009

Having a fantastic time in Nashville....


(The Bluebird Cafe)




Day one:



I arrived in Nashville on Saturday afternoon, after getting my rental car and finding my hotel I decided to check out the famous The Bluebird Cafe. It was an awesome experience. I saw a bunch of great performers. My favorite, Natalie Tidwell has a fantastic voice. I bought her CD and have been listening to it as I drive around Nashville. She was very nice and we are now "friends" on facebook. If I can figure out how to upload a song on here I will do that with one of my favorites from her CD.









(Natalie Tidwell)




Day Two:




Was an incredible day..I did so much and took a bunch of great pictures. I Started my day off going to "Cowboy Church" this was an awesome experience and a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning. The wife of the pastor is Joanne Cash Yates...yes Cash...the youngest sister of Johnny Cash and one of the performers was Stella Parton...Dolly Parton's sister. It was a very uplifting service with great music.









Right across the street was the Grand Ole Opry grounds. The Opry was closed for renovations but I was able to take pictures from outside and wander around the gift shop.






After that I headed into the city to go to the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was absolutley fantastic. I loved walking through and learning all about the stars that were inducted into the Hall of Fame, from Dolly Parton to Garth Brooks. It was awesome!




When I left there, I walked up to the main street of town to see what was there and take some pictures. I saw the hardrock cafe and

Tootsies Lounge which I had read about on line and in my Nashville travel book. It was a really neat old place. One of those little hole in the wall places that you just know millions of people have been there before you. There were old pictures and records on the wall and a great band playing. I stayed for a bit and listened over a beer.










Day Three:


I spent the day in the cutest little town called Franklin. It was the most fantastic historic town with tons of great antique stores and restaurants. This was by far my favorite day. It was the type of town I would love to live in someday. Old buildings, friendly shop keepers, and a true sense of community.

I found this wonderful little cafe where I had a delicious latte and the most incredible cupcake I have ever eaten. It was called "The Curious Gourmet, Cupcake Cafe"

The cupcake I chose was german chocolate...it was so good. I sat in there enjoying my warm beverage and yummy cupcake for about an hour while I finished up a book. This was my least "touristy" day but by far, my favorite!











This brick wall was in the bathroom of the irish pub I had lunch in....loved it, so I took a picture.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

sounds like such a fun trip, karyn....love it!