Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Simple beauty all around




This rose is literally the size of my hand. I looked out my window yesterday and saw this burst of red from the corner of my garden. It inspired me to get out on my yard and pretty it up some. Maybe this weekend I will have some time to do just that.


Things are going really well for me right now. I am really happy. I have been surrounded by family which always stirs up long lost memories. Isn't it funny how that happens. All of a sudden they all come rushing back. My Aunt Barbara and Uncle Tony (My mom's brother and wife) were in town from NY for a week. Plus my Aunt Geri and (other) Uncle Tony live here in Scottsdale. (I have like 4 Uncle Tony's) So there was a lot of famly time and nothing makes me happier. I love reminiscing and talking about the good old days. It truly makes my heart happy. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

i was thinking that i needed to do the same thing, karyn.....yard needs some love! :) so glad that you have had family around....good for the soul.

Carol Dunton said...

Love this gorgeous bloom! It doesn't surprise, me though...your garden always looks amazing! Hey! Guess what?? I used my homemade compost over the weekend for the first time! woohoo!! Glad to see the spark in your eye! : )

xoxo
VB