Thursday, April 12, 2007

Yearning for a Simpler life

Yesterday was a perfect day. What did I do you ask....nothing and everything at the same time. It was just a great day off. I never left the house. I played in the garden planting all my spring veggies, I cleaned out a closet, I cooked a wonderful dinner, I played with my dogs, read from my "Simple Abundance" book....I just totally enjoyed my life, my day, those moments...It was a perfect day.

I was completely content with what I had. I never thought of wanting more. The day had become so satifying that it was enough. I wish I had more days llike that. You know? More days to appreciate what I have without getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life.

Did my parents feel this way when they were my age? Was life slower 20 years ago? 30 years ago? 40 years ago? When did the rat race begin???????? Why do we conform??? Why do I conform????

3 comments:

jessamyn said...

and the first way for us to "break away" is to ask the questions. wishing you more beautiful SIMPLE days.

Carol Dunton said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!!! Oh my gosh, cutiebug!! You've been hiding this amazing little secret from me!! Naughty! I am LOVING this blog!!! Oh yes!

Your day sounded just as it was...perfect! Abundant! Satisfying! Fullfilling! Truly, what more is there??

Welcome to the world of blogging...your posts are endearing and I am thrilled to see such a cherished spirit flying!!

Cheers, dear!! : )
VB

Chickenbells said...

OH, I love Simple Abundance...it's such a comforting book, helping one slow down and enjoy life a little more...it seems easy when you let yourself do it doesn't it? Then sometimes life comes rushing back in...and that's OK too!