Saturday, September 15, 2007

Learning to crochet




I am finally learning how to crochet! And it is so much fun. As a little girl I used to watch my grandma crochet for hours. She would crochet without even looking. She was always working on something and brought her crochet projects everywhere with her. She made the most beautiful afghans. She tuaght me the basics when I was young but I lost the knack somewhere along the way. Grandma has been gone for many years now (18) and I have always wanted to be able to crochet like her. She I solicited some lessons, read some books, watched some videos and now I'M CROCHETING! I am really excited. My first project is a simple scarf, I should have it done in a few days. It felt so great to actually have a project close to completion. I know this is a hobby I will enjoy for many years. I know Grandma would be proud!

1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

You go, girl! It IS a fun hobby that is so rewarding! Yes, your grandma would be very proud of you! I'm keeping my eye out for some yummy new yarns for the fall/winter season. I have a project that is a year past due and I miss not having the soothing rythym of knitting needles in my hands. Do you have a 'next project' in mind??