Monday, September 17, 2007

Prayer Request


I want to ask for your prayers for Andrea. I grew up across the street from her Husband Kenny and sister-in-law Jessica. Our families grew up very close and were more like family then friends. Andrea went to the doctor with really bad headaches and found out she had a brain tumor. She is going through a really tough time right now and has a long road to recovery. She is a fighter and has a great attitude. Here is her story.


Andrea writes:

I found out today that I have a very rare form of cancer, they are calling it a PNET (Primitive Neuro Ectodermal Tumor). Usually found in children and not adults, and I've been told I have a long fight ahead of me. Although the tumor was removed I was told that I definitely have more cell's in my brain that can cause another tumor, and sometimes the tumor can be inoperable depending on how it spreads. The cell's can also spread through by spinal fluid and they will be testing that Monday. The doctor did give us encouragement in that I can win this battle, just that it's going to be a hard road to travel. This type of cancer is rarely found in the USA, and only a few cases per year are noted. They don't even have enough studies to show what causes it or 100% how to treat it. My doctor has seen on average one case per year, and he's been doing this for 30 years. Although we will be starting treatment soon, we will be taking our records for a 2nd opinion for review just to help us feel better. I will be starting with chemotherapy very soon, then moving on to radiation. Please continue to pray for me, my family and friends. I'm doing quite well.


Thank you so much for adding Andrea and her family to your prayers. They are a wonderful family and are all praying for her to have a full recovery.

2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

How kind to let us pray for your dear and gracious friend. May God add healing and strength to her, to her family, to the medical team and to her friends. Bless all...
VB

jessamyn said...

wow...thanks for reaching out as I am sure this is going to be a road best traveled with lots of love and support. she radiates with strength in her picture.