Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We will never forget



A day of reflection, a day of prayer, a day of mourning.

God bless America

Land that I love

I started my day today by attending mass as I have done on September 11 for the past 5 years. I remember that tragic day like it was yesterday, it is hard to believe it has been 6 years. Isn't it funny how you remember where you were, how you found out, how you felt, the reaction of friends & co-workers. That is the first truly historical event I have been alive for. It is kind of like how my parents will talk about the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated, they remember it so vividly. It is truly a day anyone alive can not forget. Each September 11th since that horrific day I take the day off. Not for me, but for the many who lost their lives. I like it to be a quiet day, a day of reflection and prayer. It helps me. I did watch some of the footage on TV but after a few hours of it decided to turn it off. I did not need to see it over and over again to remember it. It is clear in my heart as it always will be.

Today,

Thank God for your freedom.

It is not something to take lightly.

Today's Message of the Day is:

Life is short.

Forgive quickly.

Hug tightly.

Kiss slowly.

Love Truly.

Laugh uncontrollably.

And never regret anything that made you smile.

Always remember how truly special you are.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

Thank you, Karyn, for this beautiful tribute.

jessamyn said...

thank you for this karyn! i love you so much!