Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm back...



Well I am back from my trips and got stuck with a nasty head cold as a welcome home gift. My cruise was great! We started our drive on thursday morning, and drove to Newport beach. It was a little out of our way but so worth it! I felt like a little girl again. As soon as I saw the beach I kicked off my shoes and started running. I couldn't wait to get my toes in the sand again. It was about 6 pm so we still had a bit of daylight before the sun set. We stayed in Newport for dinner then headed to our hotel. It was so worth it to see the sun set over the gorgeous pacific ocean....absolutly breathtaking. The next day we boarded the ship and set sail. It was a blast. there was so much to do. the weather didnt totally coooperate but we still had a good time. I had so much fun and am really glad I went. Everyone got along so well. My roomate Cami and I got along awesome.



Now I am back home and trying desperatly to get back into a grove that does not overwhelm me. Work has been very stressful lately and that doesn't ever seem to end. I knew that when I got back into retail but I guess I allowed part of me to forget it. I dream of having a career that I am passionate about. I want to make a difference. I really hope some day I can find that. I know for now I need to do what I am doing and pay off my bills so I can have that simpler life I so desire. Sometimes I feel that in my quest to find simplicity things have gotten more complicated. My days off seem so full of "stuff" run here, do that, clean that, busy, busy, busy....
Then taking a few days off for fun leaves me so overwhelmed at all the things that did not get done, my to-do list still full of things to accomplish. I'm not sure if any of you out there feel that way. It seems to be a feeling that comes and goes with me but lately it is here and not "going" away. I know part of it is spring fever....it is so nice out all I want to do is play in my yard and enjoy my time off, spend time with my friends and loved ones. I want to know who decided that 2 days off a week was enough????? I hereby declare it is NOT!!!! But thats all I get, so I have to make the best of it and go about my business and hold onto my desire to have a simpler life.

4 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

Love, love, LOVE your pictures and post and I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time! Take care of that cold!

kimberly said...

so glad you had a wonderful time, happy time! and about all the hectic stuff....seems it has to be that way, before it is the other way! :) i keep thinking i'm going to find that simple life too!
have a wonderful Easter.

jessamyn said...

take it one list at a time, one thing on your list at a time and remember that you are doing the most imporant things when you spend time outside and take care of those immediate desires...you are listening to what you need and you are surrendering to the moment! there is nothing of more value.
i love you...can't wait to see ya.

cassie said...

i am so glad that you had a great time on your cruise. the "things" in life always seem to cloud what truly makes us happy don't they? i guess the goal is to not get too bogged down with what you didn't do and focus on the positives that you accomplished for the day. a hard lesson, but if i ever get it, i am sure it will be sweet!