Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring has sprung!





I always forget just how much I love this time of year until it rolls around again....and then I remember. I love being in my yard at this time of year with the warm (not hot) sun on my face, checking out all that was dormant over the winter, planting new goodies and enjoying my little piece of land. I just love it.




I was given the gift of lemons....lots of lemons. I love to cook with lemons, love them in my iced tea and love to make fresh squeezed lemonade with fresh peppermint from my garden. I also juiced and froze some for later use.


Well I set sail on Friday for this years birthday gift to myself. Yup, its that time of year again.....another year older...but am I another year wiser? I will be 34 this year. What will I accomplish this year? Will I continue to grow as a woman, friend, daughter, aunt, Christian woman? I sure hope so. In an effort to make sure I celebrated this year I booked a four day 3 night cruise to Ensenada Mexico about 6 months ago. I am so excited to get away and relax for a few days. I have never been on a cruise before and I know I will have a great time.
Life has overwhelmed me a bit in the past few weeks and I am feeling like there are just not enough hours in a day. I have been feeling 'tested' by many events and relationships in my personal life and it has left me feeling tired, really tired. I am realizing once again how much I rely on my faith to get me through tough times. I suppose this is one of those times. I am so grateful for my family and friends who help me...I truly feel they are little gifts from God to help me through the journey of life. I am only 34 years into it, hopefully....the best is yet to come!

5 comments:

kimberly said...

so happy you are doing this for yourself, karyn.....you will love the cruise!!!!
trials and tests.....it really does make us so thankful that we have our faith.....i sometimes wonder how others can deal with life without it! i certainly wouldn't want to.....
it is beautiful around these parts lately, isn't it.....hoping it stays this way for a looooooog time. but will enjoy it while it's here.
love you karyn, and hope you have a wonderful time on your trip....

jessamyn said...

i love you karyn! i am so happy that you are taking a cruise and setting aside time for yourself. you are so wise.
your lemons look delicious!!! and so does your peppermint!
i hope we can connect soon sweet friend. it has been too long since our last visit and it sounds as if you have endured a lot since then.
you are held closely in my heart. much love.

Jamie said...

Karyn ~ I hope you have a wonderful time cruising. :) It's good to take care of ourselves, because...who else is going to do it??
I'll be 34 this year too, and I can relate to your question of "am I wiser??" I say YES! We are all certainly wiser than we were last year. :)
Enjoy your beautiful birthday and your vacation!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

cassie said...

happy birthday karyn! i hope you have a spectacular time celebrating all of the wonderful things that you bring into this world.