Thursday, August 30, 2007

Peace and tranquility part 2!

Days 3 and 4 were just as wonderful as 1 & 2. I had a fantastic few days off from the rest of the world. I read 2 books, watched 2 movies, did tons of stuff around the cabin, enjoyed the cooler temps, spent some quality time with my dogs, did some yard work and relaxed a bunch. Sunday afternoon I decided to go hang out on the hammock. It was so relaxing. I was just laying there watching the clouds move across the sky. A storm was definitely on its way. I wound up falling asleep and woke up to rain. I actually heard it before I felt it. It was the neatest sound. It was really slow coming at first. For a few minutes I just layed there and let the drops hit me. Then it started coming down harder so I went inside. But it was a great, I loved the feel of the rain hitting my body. This picture was taken while I was laying on the hammock looking up.

The entire weekend was relaxing even thought I had a lot on my mind. I went on a few long walks, some with the dogs and some alone. It was good for me to be alone even though I really wanted some company this time around. I always think really clear when I am at the cabin. I feel connected to that place. I think it is truly where my soul belongs. I started a new journal that I bought before I left. I love starting a new journal. I am not sure why but that first entry in a new journal is so fun for me. Thanks you all for sharing in my weekend out of the heat and pressure of the valley.



The drive home is always a little sad for me. But the day was so beautiful with big fluffy clouds all around that we actually enjoyed the ride home. It has been good to get back in a routine since getting back to work.




Musashi enjoying the wind against his face on the ride down the mountain.











2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

ok....LOVE the picture of Mr. Musashi with the wind in his face! Love it! Great pictures, dear girl... I think I feel a slight, cool breeze passing by! : )
VB

jessamyn said...

ah...the hammock. LOVE that picture of the sky and the trees.
can't wait to go up there...