Thursday, August 30, 2007

This little piggy went to market...........

Okay so they are not cute little pigs, they are big and kind of ugly. Thankfully, I saw them before my dogs did and was able to get them inside without them realizing who/what was in the front yard. I could just imagine Chili trying to take on a pack of wild javalina. I stayed on the porch and took these few pictures. They didn't seem too concerned that I was there. This is the first time I have actually seem javalina, although I see deer all the time. I have had a few guests tell me they have seen them from time to time.

3 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

Well, now you've hit on another fav of mine! Javelinas! Only because I teach an 'Arizona' unit to my kiddos and one of my FAVORITE stories is called ...
'Don't Call Me Pig!!" by Conrad Storad. It's a great kiddie book about Javelinas getting ticked off that people want to call them pigs, when they really aren't!
Thanks for the memory! :)
VB

jessamyn said...

did i ever tell you about the javelina that my dad hunted and had stuffed? we used to keep it in our basement and we named it "harry"...i also knew this guy who got chased by javelina's around oak creek...he had to climb up a tree to wait for them to leave! good thing you were inside!

cassie said...

karyn! after reading many wonderful comments from "simplicity wins" i decided to find out who loves my sister and her family so much. i didn't know it was YOU!!! what beautiful and relaxing photos of your cabin. it sounds like you had quite the lovely weekend. i am curious to know what books you read. i am always looking for a new one. so happy to have found you!