Sunday, August 26, 2007

Peace and tranquility

I always write about the time I spend at my cabin. What I have yet to do is write while I am at my cabin. So this time I brought my laptop. This is a first for me. I got up here on Friday afternoon and have really been enjoying myself. When I got here Friday I spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning, unpacking, making beds etc. After all was settled I went out on the porch with the first book of the weekend. It was a beautiful evening with a wonderful cool breeze passing through.

Saturday I did some things here at the cabin. I drove down to Payson to get a few things I needed at Home Depot then came back her and got started. Moved around some furniture, put up some pictures/old windows, just puttered around really. I had so many little things left to get done. I am very happy with the way the bedrooms turned out. They are starting to look really "put together" instead of just looking like rooms with beds in them. The afternoon was spent, as most are, on the front porch reading and relaxing. I can spend hours out here just looking at the beauty around me. It is really nice to see. After grilling up a steak and making a small salad I watched a movie. It was good, Premonition with Sandra Bullock. I went to bed pretty early and woke up feeling great. It has rained a little through the night so I woke up with that heavenly smell lingering in the air. It was magnificent! I woke early and made a little breakfast. Ate out on the porch and finished my first book. Now a big decision of what to read next. I brought way too many books with me but I like to have variety. Anyway, today was laundry day. I don't really mind it. I put my stuff in the washers and took a little walk while waiting for them to wash. I came across these beautiful flowers. I think the blueish purple ones are morning glories. I just love the way they twisted and twirled their way around this old fence. It was so natural and beautiful to me.



I went to the "Randall house" for some iced tea and to enjoy the morning. This flag waves outside. True Americana! It feels like a little town you read about. I know that's why I love it so much! More to come...........

2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

How blissful! I love that you took pictures! I thought of you a couple of times...wish I had been able to come with. (long, wistful sigh here....) But thanks for sharing a bit of it with us! : ))
VB

jessamyn said...

oh Karyn! thank you for sharing your pieces of serenity.
i echo velvet brick's long, wistful sigh.
maybe next time?
love you