Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hurt, sadness & betrayal...

Wow, what a month April has been. I will be very happy to see May first. As I said in my last post April is a month of acceptance, well, with that still being true as I am trying desperately to heal and move forward from losing at love, I am faced with a new challenge. I am dealing with a situation at work that has just about done me in. I feel so completely weak. I don't know who to trust and it has left me feeling so very alone. It also makes me feel sad, really sad. I have tried my hardest to create a fun, productive & positive work environment at my store. I work very hard and work very long hours. Although this is not the job of my dreams I do the best I am able. One of my associates, who chose to remain anonymous, put in a complaint about me saying many things that are not true. This hurts me to the core. Because I don't know who it is makes it even worse. I walk around my store "pretending" everything is fine because that is what I was directed to do. Meanwhile, every employee I walk past leaves me wondering..."was it you?" Of course I have my educated guesses about who it may be, I don't know if I will every know for sure. I need my job right now, so walking out is not an option although it is what I want to do more than anything. Logistically I was trying to hang tight to this job for at least another 6 months to accomplish what I am trying to with my finances. But this makes me wonder if its worth it. The hardest part of it all is being alone. Although I normally like having a quiet home to come home to after work, this week I would love to have a partner to come home to, cry to and talk to about this horrible situation. Someone who truly knows my heart. I am left to deal with this as best as I can. In addition this weekend is my "goodbye visit" to the cabin. I am looking forward to getting away, especially after all that has happened at work this week, but pulling out of that driveway when the weekend is done is going to be extremely emotional for me. I will deal and move forward as best as I can, and try to keep my head held high in the process. Thanks for all your love and support my dear blogging friends, I appreciate it.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

i am so sorry you are going through this karyn.....i can't imagine a company not addressing this with the both of you....or not dealing with the situation, especially since they let you know the complaint....and it was untrue! and i can't imagine having to work in that environment.....i am not good at pretending.....and aren't they aware people don't show their best work when under that duress? i also understand how important it is to be able to talk with someone about it....just to vent and be understood.....so call us, dear girl.....we can have a girls night out...or i could baby-sit and you girls could go.....just know we are here.....and i pray that your time at the cabin will be healing....that it will bring you comfort and strength for your struggles and that you also find peace in having shared its magic for the past several years.....
thinking of you,
love,
kim

Carol Dunton said...

umm... we just hung up from our talk about this one, girl....
Now you're getting to sit in my seat at the circus...
...here are ya peanuts!!
xoxo
: )
VB

jessamyn said...

i'm so sorry sweet friend. i love you so very much and am looking forward to seeing you this evening!!