Saturday, April 5, 2008

The sweetest of love stories...the saddest of goodbyes...

My fantastic but short relationship with John has come to an end. It is extremely bitter sweet. The love was strong, true, passionate, sensitive, loving, kind, gently and oh so sweet. And to be honest, it still is. The love is not gone for me, not sure it ever will be. The relationship ended because our lives were moving in different directions. As he says..."Our paths crossed but did not parallel". It was a good ending, as good as an ending can possibly be. I miss him very much and feel very sad. I am not yet at a point where I can go a day without some tears. I know at some point I will be, just not yet. We are both very grateful for the wonderful time we had together and feel we are better people because of it. I know that is definitely true for me, I am a better woman because of this love I got to be part of. He taught me how to love again, how to be open and willing to give and receive true love. He is an amazing man and I am so thankful I got to spend 4 months of my life with him. Thank you John for loving me like no man ever has.

4 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

Sending you a hug, dear girl. Beautifully said.

kimberly said...

it WAS beautifully said....and it conveys the sadness and strength that you feel....thinking of you sweet friend.....hope your days continue to bring you strength and appreciation for the memories you have and what this time has given you.

We can only learn to love by loving.
~Iris Murdoch

i love this poem....

The Tide
"The tide recedes, but leaves behind
bright seashells on the sand.
The sun goes down,
but gentle warmth
still lingers on the land.
The music stops, yet echoes on
in sweet, soulful refrains.
For every joy that passes,
something beautiful remains."
--author unknown

hugs

Cheela said...

Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog. I think you probably got to mine through Velvet Brick.

I am sorry for your loss, too. You have a beautiful blog!

jessamyn said...

this leaves me in tears...only because of how clear your perspective is and how soft you are in your appreciation for what you have experienced.
you are so very beautiful.