Friday, July 6, 2007

Humming friends




Well just look who we have here. This is one of the 5 hummingbirds that frequent my yard. Of course I have never, until, now been able to catch a picture of them. But with a little patience and camera in hand I was able to get these 2 shots. I love the red in his face, isn't he cute. I think he is a ruby-throated Hummingbird.


Hey did you know...

*Hummingbirds flap their wings 55 times per second

*Normal flight speed in 25 MPH

*There are 16 species of Hummingbirds that live in Arizona


I have 3 different types of feeders in my yard and really enjoy watching and learning about these little guys. They are amazing!

2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

YEAH!! You did it! Congrats on capturing these little guys! I'm impressed with 5!! I have just two little ones, and I love them!
Hey girlfriend, thank you for your call this morning...that was really sweet of you to call and wish me a good time. You mean the world to me and I sooo appreciate your support and your friendship. I'll see you when I get back! Love you... : )
VB

jessamyn said...

I love your little friends! Do you have names for them? Where did you get your feeders?
It was fun to see you bright and early this morning on our "hunt". Can we do that more often?? Maybe next time...just me and you. :)