Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rain in the high country


I had an extra treat this past week to be able to have Sunday off, a rarity for me. After church I headed up the Beeline to my beloved cabin. It was just a quick turn around to clean and freshen up the cabin in between guests and to deliver some extra fans. But it was a fantastic day. It rained! I was so excited to see those drops coming from the sky. I parked at my favorite little creek area and enjoyed the sound of the falling drops. It was magnificent! I even walked around in the rain just for fun, why not? I love the smell of the rain up there mixed with the aroma of the pine...just heavenly! On my way back towards home I stopped at one of the antique store I like, Granny's attic, in the back they have Granny's outback a bunch of little sheds with tin roofs. I walked around there enjoying going in and out of each shed in the rain. Once in a shed i looked at all the joyful treasures and enjoyed the sound of the rain overhead hitting the tin roof. I was a perfect day. I enjoyed the drive and the time with nature, as always.

2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

God's country...

isn't it??

: )

VB

jessamyn said...

sounds heavenly!