Thursday, July 5, 2007

Four days off..in a row, what a treat.



WOW, what a treat.


Saturday was my last day of work before my mini vacation. After work I went to my friend Carol's house for a yummy dinner and then we went off to the Riparian preserve in Gilbert. What a great place. We went to see the "Strawberry moon" But ended up being completly in awe of the planets. We got to look through their high tech telescope and saw saturn!!!! I could not beleive it was real. It looked just like the pictures, it really has rings. I felt like a little kid and Carol was even more excited than me. It was truly amazing and I would definilty like to go back again.


Day one: I spent my first day off, sunday, relaxing. I went to church, then out for breakfast with my best friend Yvette, her husband Gary and their daughter Hannah. After that I went home and hung out in the back yard, layed out in the sun and played in the garden a little bit.

Day two: I visited with Jessamyn (my favorite person in the whole wide world) and her two adorable children in the morning. I had so much fun seeing how the kids have grown and changed. It was great. Asher has gotten so big and mature and is so cute! He was so good with me and let me hang ot and play with him. He also showed me all the new stuff he got for his birthday, he just turned 3. Journey is just a little love girl. All chubby and cute. She is always smiling and full of baby innocence. Then I went home to clean out the closet in my master bedroom. How freeing this task was. I dreaded starting it but once I did I really got into it. It was totally needed. I have 6 huge bags of clothes to donate 1 bag to go to the dry cleaner, and did a bunch of laundry. Everything that went back into my closet went back in clean and everything is now organized. It felt so good. Looking back I have no idea why I kept this stuff so long. I found stuff from high school, why in the world would I move stuff more than half way across the country and then never wear it. In any case its all gone now, well actually the bags are just as you see them lined up down my hallway waiting to be donated. I will have to take them 2 at a time, thats all that will fit in my little car. It was a big accomplishment for me and I feel very good that I got it done. Now its clean but just about empty. Thats okay when Ihave money it will be fun to go shopping for new, smaller sized clothes.



Day three: I took my un-socialized dogs to the dog park. This is something new I am going to do with them once a week to help them play nice around other dogs. It is my fault that they don't know how to interact with other dogs. They were the first dogs I ever had and I didn't know they should be socialized from an early age. So I figured why not start now. They did great! I kept them in the "timid" section with only 5 other smaller dogs and they did great. Musashi did growl a few times but behaved really well, I was so proud of him. Chili didn't really care one way or the other. They were both exhausted when we got home which gave me plenty of time to relax the rest of the day. I rediscovered the library. I took out 6 books and read most of the day. It was very relaxing. I went down to the community pool for a while and tried to stay cool. It was a good day.

Day four: Independence Day. I went to see Ratatouille with Yvette, Gary and Hannah. Then I went over to a friends house to swim and hang out. It was fun because it was just a few girls. It was nice to not be around couples all day. I was invited to a few parties but this one sounded perfect, not too many people and all women. We had a lot of fun and laughed a lot. It was a great day.

All in all my days off were fantastic. A perfect blend of fun and accomplishing some long overdue projects. I had plenty of time to go out and be social and still enjoy much needed time at home. I love my little house but have been trying so hard to go out more and get out of my box. I definitly acomplished that over these four days off. Thanks for sharing them with me!

2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

WOWOW!! Look at you go! I thought of you several times and I almost called you, but decided not to interupt your days off. I had such a great time looking at the heavens with you Saturday night!! Thank you for your sweet card and for even coming over! I think you're awesome for cleaning out your closet...it IS freeing? Isn't it?? Good for you for passing on the 'left overs'. You're 'new' closet looks amazing!
I am so glad that you go out, visited with people who love you and had some time off just 'to be'! Thanks for the great post! You're awesome, girl! : )

jessamyn said...

Sounds like you found some great balance in your days off. I was so thrilled to get some time with you...however random and chaotic it may have been. I am so thankful that you "want" to spend time with me and my loves. We are so lucky to have you.