Friday, October 5, 2007

Count down to cabin time

Why doesn't it feel like fall yet? It is the 5th of October and it is suppose to be close to 100 degree's again today! I am so ready to feel the cooler weather. I want to smell the leaves....do you know the smell I am talking about. I love fall, it is my absolute favorite season. I have 5 days of work left then I am cabin bound! I am so excited to get up there. I just checked the weather in Pine and it is suppose to be 72 degree's today. WooHoo! I am going to make Velvet Brick's Pumpkin Corn Chowder. If it is a favorite of hers I am sure it will be fabulous. It should also be cool enough at night to have a fire going. I plan on reading a bunch and crocheting a bunch too. I'll me sure to write after my little escape.

3 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

Hmm... I might be able to swing a visit....

: )

cassie said...

that sounds like a recipe i must have. hope you enjoyed your cool mountain days.

Cory said...

Karyn,
I wanted to thank you sooooo much for letting Jess and I get away for a bit and stay at your cozy home. The stay was definitely refreshing to the soul and much needed. You are such an incredible friend to Jess and the rest of the family. Just wanted you to know how appreciative I am of your kindness. Hope you are doing well.