Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It worked again!



Time away is always good for me. I am so blessed to be able to have this little sanctuary to escape to. I'm not sure what I did before it. I had a wonderful 3 days in Pine at my sweet cabin. It was however an emotional weekend for me. I am not really sure why...



I arrived late thursday evening. I had worked that day too so I was really tired when I got there. It was just starting to get dark and the moon was looking beautiful. Of course my picture does not do it justice. So I made it an early night. I read a little of one of the books I brought, Dakota Born By Debbie Macomber and went to bed early.



Friday morning I woke up refreshed and ready for all the splendor Autumn in Pine had ready for me. I took the boys for an early morning walk, read some more, crocheted a bit then after lunch went out exploring. I found this beautiful little spot. It captivated me really, I was so happy there. I felt like I was a million miles away from everything when the reality was that I was only a few turns off Hwy 87. It was so peaceful,I was so relaxed and then....I started to cry. I don't know what came over me. It lasted a good while. I felt really scared and lonely. This is not normal for me. I don't know why, I just all of a sudden felt like I should be enjoying the beauty around me with someone. Then that started a string of thinking about life and dreams and goals and wishes etc. This only happens to me once every few months. Most of the time I just go about my business without harping on the fact that I am still single, but sometimes it hits me. And when it does it usually hits pretty hard. Anyway, I am okay now. After my little excursion I went back to the cabin to make Velvet Bricks Pumpkin corn chowder...Oh my! It was fantastic! I love anything pumpkin but this was outstanding. I am so grateful that she shared this recipe. It is one that will be added to my fall menu year after year.


Saturday was another gorgeous morning. I set out early with the boys for our walk then headed down to the laundromat. While waiting for sheets and towels to wash and dry I walked the little fall festival in town. It was everything a small town festival should be. It is always a little hokey but that is also what makes it fun. I walked around and treated myself to a pumpkin ice cream cone. It was really yummy. I also found a cute little black bench for $3 that you will see in a later post when I figure out what I am going to do with it.





I made a delicious pot roast for dinner in my crock pot which came out better than I could have imagined. I also met some new neighbors saturday afternoon. They have the cabin next door and I have never met them. It is actually their parents cabin and they don't get up to Pine very often. They were very nice, we exchanged information and are going to meet for coffee tomorrow. I love making new friends. These little guys were wondering the neighborhood and were very patient while I took a few pictures of them.





Sunday is tough...the day to pack up and come down the mountain. I had planned on leaving at noon but did not wind up getting going till almost 3. It was such a beautiful day and I just was in no rush to leave. But I did, with a journal full of emotional entries, two books read, a scarf almost completed, a spirit rejuvenated, cozy fires in my memory and my two faithful companions I headed home.

5 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

Oh Karyn,
What a wonderful weekend you had...tears, chowder, deer and all! Funny how emotions can hit you out of the blue... My theory?? Go with them... don't fight them... push through them.. feel them... experience all of them. I truly believe it's all part of the healing process. Healing, you might ask?!? Yes, healing. What beautiful pictures. I wish I had been able to make it up. I spent Saturday remembering my Mom.. and just couldn't make it up this time. But next timmmmmmmmmmmme!!!! : )

cassie said...

that sounds like such a wonderful weekend...even the crying and sorting out emotions. strange emotions have been hitting me lately too only at very random times like when i am at work or watching tv. i like what your friend says about feeling them, acknowledging them, and then pushing through them. as i am finding out, things do not always work out according to our plans, but continue down your path of kindness and beautiful, quiet strength because you are an amazing woman! i, for one, am so glad to know you.

daisyblu said...

Karyn, This is the first time I am leaving a comment for you here, but this post touched me so much. Reading your wonderful blog tells me so much more about what's going on with you than talking to you on the phone. I can't believe so much time has passed since we saw each other every day. You have always been a wonderful friend and an exceptional woman and I am grateful that you are a part of my life.

jessamyn said...

oh karyn! i got so emotional reading this. i love you so much and I really appreciatte your openness in sharing your heart with us! i have felt really emotional lately as well.
your little sanctuary looks absolutely beautiful!
you have such a brilliant way of living this journey called life.

Cory said...

I guess a lot of us have been emotional lately. I tend to keep my feelings to myself and push them to the side in some sort of attempt to not really deal with them. I love that you opened yourself up and shared your soul. I really loved what velvet brick had to say also. "push through, feel them, experience them." It's actually quite inspiring. Thanks velvet brick :)