Thursday, May 3, 2007

Imagine my surprise and delight to see these beauties

I am not sure how I missed them last year. Maybe I was just a bit overwhelmed with tearing the place apart to fix it up that I didn't stop to look around but there were at least a dozen off them. I was so happy. Whoever is up there over the next few weeks will really get to enjoy them. There were only these two in bloom now but they will be everywhere soon. I hope these little beauties are appreciated by my guests. They seem like they will all be purple but my neighbor has a field of yellow and purple ones. They are just so beautiful! I also planted a peach tree. I couldn't resist, it was on sale at Home Depot. Fresh peaches would be so great, I just hope the elk don't eat my little tree before we get to enjoy some yummy peaches.

1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!
My favorite!! Iris!! What a wonderful little gift to have bestowed on you! Just sweet, sweet, SWEET!! I am loving your blog!!