Thursday, June 21, 2007

As it turns out.....

.....It wasn't anything that a little mountain air couldn't cure. I had 3 days up north at my little cabin. I have to admit it took me a few hours to "rebond" with my cabin after the "extreme makeover cabin edition" took place. It was really hard but most everything was moved back by my cleaning lady. I spent some time puttering and moving stuff around. It was actually very theraputic for me. I went on a great hike, took a long drive, did some laundry, went on a lot little neighborhood walks, read a book, made some great meals, went to the neighborhood bar for a beer and just sat on the front porch and enjoyed God's beautiful world around me. It was fantastic. The day time temperature was about 85-90 and it got down to 50ish at night. I loved it, it was so perfect.

So on my long drive I had one thing on my mind.....to find water. So off I went with a really bad map, my dogs and my little Honda accord. Well the road I drove on was not meant for my little Honda accord so instead of going where I intended to go I ended up at the first lake I saw a sign for. It was called Potato lake. In all reality it was more of a swampy pond then it was a lake. But hey, it was an adventure. Mission accomplished, I saw water.

This little river is one I go to almost everytime I am up there. It is the East Verde river and I absolutley love it. It is surrounded by tons of greenery and there is nothing that can soothe the mind as much as the sound of a creek. The mountain air is just delightful, time seems to move so much slower up there, its a pace I would much rather live in. I still always come to the same conclusion....I don't belong down here. But I am here for now and so I will make the best of it. However, some day........a mountain girl I will be!

1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

...(long sigh here.....)

oh my...
that sweet little dear eyeing you so cautiously...

yeah! for you being able to sneak up the mountain for some needed R&R...

just so beautiful...
soothes the soul, does it not?