Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Rose bush from a dear friends dad


My best friend, Yvettes' dad is a wonderful man. Him and I have a lot in common and never get bored of talking to one another about gardening. Last year he decided to learn how to graft rose bushes. After a lot of experiemeting he figured it out perfectly! He gave me this one as a gift. After a few months of TLC, it got its first bloom.

This is something I would love to learn how to do and hopefully he will soon teach me. Nature is so amazing...he took a little clipping of a rose bush and viola....a new rose bush is born. I was so happy and honored to get one of his first success stories, so to speak.

My new rose bush will be able to be transplanted into my garden in the fall. I have to find the right spot to plant it when the time comes. It is doing really well. I am so thrilled. What a special gift.



1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

so how awesome is this????

I know you'll have the perfect spot for this cutie! : )
So happy for you! It's a great little tale!