Friday, June 29, 2007

It's fig time!

Well the long awaiting time has come for fresh figs. I was hoping I would get a good crop this year and I certainly did. The good ole' food network had thousands of recipes for fresh figs. I think I found the perfect one. Roasted fresh figs with gorgonzola....now tell me, how good does that sound???? And, I get to use my new fresh herbs too.
The recipe calls for 12 fresh figs, now I never have quite that many ripe at a time but I can always quarter the recipe. I will be sure to post after the fig feast for all interested in the results. I think it will be the perfect treat this upcoming week while I am doing my not so fun projects.

1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

OOOHhhh!! I'm JEALOUS!!! What jewels they are! Simply beautiful and oh yeah! The recipe sounds awesome!!