Saturday, June 9, 2007

Gorgeous Peonies


Just look at these beauties! They bring back so many memories for me. At the house I grew up in NY on Cook Street, my mom had the most beautiful peony bush. I remeber it so well, the smell all spring and summer long was so wonderful. It was in a raised bed planter that was made of railroad ties. I remember laying down on the railroad ties looking up at the huge peony bush above me just loving the scent.


I wish we could grow them here, but we can't....so I look forward to this time of year when Trader Joes sells these wonderful smelling blooms. These in the picture were a gift from my dear friend Carol. She treated me to a fabulous dinner which we shopped for together at TJ's. Well she bought these peonies, little did I know I was going home with a little bouquet of my own. My house smells wonderful. It is great because they last a long time if you change the water every other day. I am hoping to get a few more days our of these gorgeous blooms. If you get the chance, stop by your local Trader Joes and pick some up for yourself...everyone deserves fresh flowers!

1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

awww... dear friend... I love you because of your beautiful, beautiful spirit! Can I just say how charming this picture is??? I am LUVing the blue mason jar... flippin' too cute!!! I had so much fun with you... but that's no shock! We always have a great time together! And we'll do it again! Good times are always ahead of us! Love you! xxoo : )