Saturday, June 23, 2007

Back to reality

Well after 3 days of rest and relaxation in the cool pines I am back to reality. I have been working towards a goal of un-cluttering my life. I seem to like "stuff", not sure how this happened but it did. After being in my house no more than an hour I started to feel overwhelmed. My house is small, very cute and comfy, but small. So when I let my cluttering habits get the best of me there is no way to avoid it. I have 3 days off in a row for the 4th of July and I can not run away up to the cabin (its rented). So I will have plenty of time to start of some of the projects I have put off for far too long. My closet is full of clothes that are out of style and don't fit. My office has stacks of papers so high they might topple over. My garage is full of tons of misc crappola. Even my kitchen table has stacks of stuff, mail, catalogs magazines etc.....

I strive to be better at all this, but it is a goal I have not yet perfected. After working all week the last thing I want to do is clean and organize. But I need to be more disciplined so it does not get so out of control. Because then I just get really overwhelmed by it. So a project a day is my goal. If I get at least 2 of these areas completed I will be really happy with myself. Wish me luck....I'll let you know how it goes. Do you have any tips to help me un-clutter my life and move towards a simpler way of living? Please share!

1 comment:

Carol Dunton said...

Oh YES!! I have been in your very spot!! Maybe it's a phase women go through. I will tell you that it felt so 'freeing' to dump that stuff of mine. The first few tosses were so hard to do...I justified keeping everything that I picked up! But when I really asked myself if that item was necessary for my survival in the next day, week, or month...it wasn't and out it went. After the first few tosses, I became obsess with throwing almost all of it out! I saved the basics, and have never regretted it. I felt lighter...like I could breathe easier, like I could live in a home instead of a 'storage unit'. This truly is a case where ... simplicity wins. : )