Sunday, June 3, 2007

The "K" Chalet is in disarray

I am not even sure where to start. My little cabin has undergo an unsolicited makeover. I had such a strange mix of emotions. A guest that was visiting last weekend decided to move things around. Not just one or two things but everything! You name it, she moved it....towels, sheets, mugs, toaster, couch, rug, end tables, pictures, books, games, porch furntiure, quilts, tooth brush holder, toilet paper, coffee pot, like I said everything! I felt so violated, hurt & discouraged. I truly felt that all my hard work was unappreciated. I am okay now, my cleaning lady and her husband moved all back as it was so I never even had to see it. But seriously, would you ever think to do that? I have had many guests stay and give me some fantastic feedback, but no one until now has ever taken it upon themselves to rearrange my little cabin. I get to go see my little cabin this week....yippee...my favorite time is cabin time!

4 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

Oh my gosh....
What an incredible violation of trust and respect!! I don't care what your 'motive' is, when you rent a cabin (and I have rented many in my time) you are a guest in someone else's home and you treat it with respect - you leave it in the same way as when you left it! 'cept, maybe, for a bottle of wine and a 'thank you' card left on the table for the hospitality! I am so sorry that someone was so disrespectful to you and your cabin... never let them cross that K Chalet's threshold again... they weren't there for the right reasons!

Carol Dunton said...

um....
that should have read that you leave it in the same way as when you *found* it...

sorry... I was a bit steamed!

jessamyn said...

I'm so sorry this happened Karyn! I think some serious boundaries were crossed and I can totally understand feeling violated. Plus...what the heck was she thinking? Everything was in the best spot possible!
Thank you for all the love you left me in my comments. You are an equally FANTASTIC part of MY life...and I love you greatly.
Oh yes...of course you can use my photo of the cabins. That flatters me!

Nonnie said...

I cannot believe that someone would do that!!! Obviously, they didn't use the time they had to unwind, relax and appreciate the peacefulness of the place. They could have stayed home and done that! So sorry Karyn. I'm with Jess, everything was just where it needed to be! You made it so cozy and comfy! Glad you had someone to get it back to normal before your visit!! Enjoy!